د. أحمد خادم بن طوق المري
Dr. Ahmad Bin Touq
Unit of Government, Policies and Urban Studies
- O. Box 17771
United Arab Emirates
Tel: (+971) 3 7135902 / 50 6003663
E-Mail: عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته. Academic Qualification:
- Indiana State University- Indiana, USA: Ph.D., Economic Geography with emphasis on Geographic Information Systems, and Urban Planning. 2008
- Clark University- Massachusetts, USA: Master of GIS for Development & the Environment with emphasis on Remote Sensing, Public Organization and Urban Planning. 2004
- Indiana University-Indiana, USA: B.S. Public Affairs and Environmental Management, with emphasis on Public Finance. 2001
Administrative and Professional Experience:
Academic Rank / Position Title / Date
- Supervisor of Teaching Assistant and National Faculty Development Program, Provost Office, United Arab Emirates University, 2011 – 2013: Special Administrative Assignment Following-up and coordinating all matters related to:
- Teaching Assistants Affairs
- National Faculty Support & Professional Programs
- New National Faculty Mentorships
- American Council of Education (ACE), Fulbright Programs and Erasmus Mundus EU programs
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Achieving the stated objectives for the TA program.
- Promoting the TAP and screening potential applicants with a view to ensuring that only high-achieving ones are admitted.
- Following that only high-achieving TA to determine whether their performance is at the necessary level for a program of this caliber and purpose.
- Undertaking an ongoing review of the program, with a view to continuous improvement of the TAP policies and procedures.
- Arranging for the effective recruitment of National Development office.
- Monitoring national faculty performance to ensure retentions and continues improvement.
- Coordinate with the TA office in the UAE embassy in Washington DC, USA
- Ensuring the timely actions related to administration of the TAP and NFSP.
- Drawing any problems to the attention of the Provost.
- Supervisor of Teaching Assistant and National Faculty Development Program, Vice Provost for Research & Graduate Studies, United Arab Emirates University, 2010 – 2011.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Geography and Urban Planning, United Arab Emirates University, 2009-.
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Geography and Urban Planning, United Arab Emirates University, 2001-2008. Additional Professional Activities:
- Supervisor: Department of Civil Aviation, Dubai, UAE, 06 - 09/2001. - Internship: Dubai Municipality, Dubai, UAE, 05 - 06/2001.
- Internship: Emirates Petroleum Products Company LLC, Dubai, UAE, 05 - 09/1998. - Research Internship: Emirates Airlines, Dubai, UAE, 05 – 09/1997
- Clerk: Naturalization and Residency Department, Dubai, UAE, 06 - 09/1993
Conferences / Meeting /Abstracts:
- Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting (AAG), USA, April 9-13, 2013.
- Second e-Learning Regional Conference (eRC2013), Kuwait, March 25-27, 2013. - Innovations'13, UAE, March 17-19, 2013.
- 6th AJMAN International Urban Planning Conference, UAE, 11- 14 March 2013. - The Boston Symposium on Economics, the Future of Global Capitalism, USA, Feb 25, 2013.
- ESRI' Middle East and Africa User Conference (MEAUC), UAE, Dec 10-12, 2012.
- ESRI' International User Conference, USA, Jul 23-27, 2012. - POD Conference (Joint Conference with HBCU Faculty Development Network), USA, Oct 26- 30, 2011.
- Use of Space Technology for Water Management conference, USA, March 13-19, 2011.
- 4rd Annual Middle East Conference and Exhibition on Geospatial Information Technology and Applications, UAE, Poster Session: Map Middle East, April 8-10, 2008.
- BinTouq, Ahmad (2013), GIS Implementation and Capacity Building within the UAE Government and Government Related Enterprise, Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting, USA, April 9-13, 2013.
- BinTouq, Ahmad. 4rd Annual Middle East Conference and Exhibition on Geospatial Information Technology and Applications, Map Middle East 2008, Dubai, UAE, April 8 –10, Poster Session, 2008.
- BinTouq, Ahmad (2006), GIS Diffusion in Dubai, Abstract, Association of American Geographers, Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, March 7 – 11, 2006.
Participation at professional meetings:
- Attended the 9th meeting of Geographical Society Gulf Cooperation Council, Manama, Bahrain, March 01-03, 2014.(Official Invitation)
- Serve as a preliminary speaker in the Fourth Scientific Meeting of the Geographical Society Gulf Cooperation Council: “Prospects and concerns", Medina, KSA, Dec 10-13, 2013.
- Attended UPC Workshop, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Sep 15, 2013. - Host the Arab Latin-American Forum, Abu Dhabi, Dec 16, 2012.
- ERASMUS MUNDUS Program Selection Meeting, Oman, Oct 20, 2012. (Special Administrative Assignment)
- Participation in common meeting between Responsible European Commission ERASMUS MUNDUS program & GCC, KSA, May 20, 2012. (Special Administrative Assignment)
- Staff Training under Erasmus Mundus Program, University of Deusto (UD), Spain, Oct 08-24, 2013: Had a full Agenda of meetings and take the opportunity to discover the great range of different opportunities that UD offers to students, the quality in terms of academic and exploring the work of UD International Relations Office (IRO) in (BILBAO CAMPUS).
- Faculty success Program _ Online _National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity, USA, 01.Jan-31.May 2012.
- Association of American Geographers (AAG). - G.C.C Geographical Society.
- Certificate Equivalency Committee, Ministry Of Higher Education & Scientific Research in UAE. 2012 -2014.
- United Arab Emirates University Council, UAEU, 2010-2013.
- Public Participation Geographic Information System in UAE E-Government Services.
- GIS Diffusion in the United Arab Emirates Government
- Environmental Issues in the UAE
- GIS Diffusion in the Government of Dubai
- Geographic Information Science
- Geographic Information Systems
- Geographic Information Systems and Society
- Urban Studies and Remote Sensing.
- UAEU, College of Humanities and Social Sciences “Sustainable Management of City port Conurbation, Coastal Zones & Multimodal Development – Application of International Best Practices to UAE Policies & planning”, Amount: 37,843 AED, 2013.
- Federal Demographic Council “Incentivizing retention of Emirati faculty in higher education”, Amount: 240000 AED, 2011.
Service / Professional Activity:
Academic & Community Services:
- Supervisor of TA and National Faculty Development Program, UAEU, 2010-2013.
- Dubai Youth Club, Dubai, UAE, 1997.
- Happy Family Center, Dubai, UAE, 1999- 2005.
- Emirates Foundation Truman Scholar and Emirati Ambassador. 2007
- Student advisor at the United Arab Emirates University.
- Faculty Council Committee on Academic Computing.
- Service in role of discussant, critic, and reviewer for professional meeting or publication.
- Course/Program design and development at the UAE University: Geography 320, Geographic Information System.
Courses Taught: 2009-:
- GIS for Urban & Regional Plan (GEO440)
- Geographic Information Systems GIS.1 (GEO321)
- Integrated Capstone (HSR400) - Practicum (GEO400)
- Project Management (RGIS)
Awards and Honor :
- 2005: Shaikh Rashid Award for Academic Excellence.
- 2001: ADNOC Outstanding Scholar.
Computer Programmer/Computer Consultant, 2001 to present:
-Systems: UNIVAC, PRIMEOS, WICAT, UNIX, SUN, Macintosh, and IBM.
-Software: IDRISI, ERDAS Imagine, ArcGIS, GeoMedia, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Supervised and taught students the use of IBM and Macintosh at the UAEU, GIS Computer Center.
- Worked as a geographic information systems consultant at the Center for Remote Sensing.