د. أحمد خادم بن طوق المري
Dr. Ahmad Bin Touq
Unit of Government, Policies and Urban Studies
P. O. Box 17771
United Arab Emirates
Tel: (+971) 3 7135902 / 50 6003663
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Academic Qualification:
State University- Indiana, USA: Ph.D., Economic Geography with emphasis on
Geographic Information Systems, and Urban Planning. 2008
· Clark University- Massachusetts, USA: Master of GIS for Development
& the Environment with emphasis on Remote Sensing, Public Organization and
Urban Planning. 2004
· Indiana University-Indiana, USA: B.S. Public Affairs and Environmental
Management, with emphasis on Public Finance. 2001
Administrative and Professional
Academic Rank / Position Title / Date
- Supervisor of Teaching Assistant and
National Faculty Development Program, Provost Office, United Arab Emirates
University, 2011 – 2013: Special Administrative Assignment Following-up and
coordinating all matters related to:
1. Teaching Assistants Affairs
2. National Faculty Support & Professional
3. New National Faculty Mentorships
4. American Council of Education (ACE),
Fulbright Programs and Erasmus Mundus EU programs
Responsibilities and Duties:
the stated objectives for the TA program.
· Promoting the TAP and screening potential applicants with a view to
ensuring that only high-achieving ones are admitted.
· Following that only high-achieving TA to determine whether their
performance is at the necessary level for a program of this caliber and
· Undertaking an ongoing review of the program, with a view to
continuous improvement of the TAP policies and procedures.
· Arranging for the effective recruitment of National Development
· Monitoring national faculty performance to ensure retentions and
· Coordinate with the TA office in the UAE embassy in Washington DC, USA
· Ensuring the timely actions related to administration of the TAP and
· Drawing any problems to the attention of the Provost.
Supervisor of Teaching Assistant and National Faculty Development Program, Vice
Provost for Research & Graduate Studies, United Arab Emirates University,
2010 – 2011.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Geography
and Urban Planning, United Arab Emirates University, 2009-.
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Geography
and Urban Planning, United Arab Emirates University, 2001-2008. Additional
- Supervisor: Department of Civil Aviation, Dubai,
UAE, 06 - 09/2001. - Internship: Dubai Municipality, Dubai, UAE, 05 - 06/2001.
- Internship: Emirates Petroleum Products
Company LLC, Dubai, UAE, 05 - 09/1998. - Research Internship: Emirates
Airlines, Dubai, UAE, 05 – 09/1997
- Clerk: Naturalization and Residency
Department, Dubai, UAE, 06 - 09/1993
Conferences / Meeting
- Association of American Geographers Annual
Meeting (AAG), USA, April 9-13, 2013.
- Second e-Learning Regional Conference
(eRC2013), Kuwait, March 25-27, 2013. - Innovations'13, UAE, March 17-19, 2013.
- 6th AJMAN International Urban Planning
Conference, UAE, 11- 14 March 2013. - The Boston Symposium on Economics, the
Future of Global Capitalism, USA, Feb 25, 2013.
- ESRI' Middle East and Africa User Conference
(MEAUC), UAE, Dec 10-12, 2012.
- ESRI' International User Conference, USA,
Jul 23-27, 2012. - POD Conference (Joint Conference with HBCU Faculty
Development Network), USA, Oct 26- 30, 2011.
- Use of Space Technology for Water Management
conference, USA, March 13-19, 2011.
- 4rd Annual Middle East Conference and
Exhibition on Geospatial Information Technology and Applications, UAE, Poster
Session: Map Middle East, April 8-10, 2008.
- BinTouq, Ahmad (2013), GIS Implementation
and Capacity Building within the UAE Government and Government Related
Enterprise, Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting, USA, April
- BinTouq, Ahmad. 4rd Annual Middle East
Conference and Exhibition on Geospatial Information Technology and
Applications, Map Middle East 2008, Dubai, UAE, April 8 –10, Poster Session,
- BinTouq, Ahmad (2006), GIS Diffusion in
Dubai, Abstract, Association of American Geographers, Annual Meeting, Chicago,
IL, March 7 – 11, 2006.
Participation at professional meetings:
- Attended the 9th meeting of Geographical
Society Gulf Cooperation Council, Manama, Bahrain, March 01-03, 2014.(Official
- Serve as a preliminary speaker in the Fourth
Scientific Meeting of the Geographical Society Gulf Cooperation Council:
“Prospects and concerns", Medina, KSA, Dec 10-13, 2013.
- Attended UPC Workshop, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Sep
15, 2013. - Host the Arab Latin-American Forum, Abu Dhabi, Dec 16, 2012.
- ERASMUS MUNDUS Program Selection Meeting,
Oman, Oct 20, 2012. (Special Administrative Assignment)
- Participation in common meeting between
Responsible European Commission ERASMUS MUNDUS program & GCC, KSA, May 20,
2012. (Special Administrative Assignment)
- Staff Training under Erasmus Mundus Program,
University of Deusto (UD), Spain, Oct 08-24, 2013: Had a full Agenda of
meetings and take the opportunity to discover the great range of different
opportunities that UD offers to students, the quality in terms of academic and
exploring the work of UD International Relations Office (IRO) in (BILBAO
- Faculty success Program _ Online _National
Center for Faculty Development & Diversity, USA, 01.Jan-31.May 2012.
- Association of American Geographers (AAG). -
G.C.C Geographical Society.
Certificate Equivalency Committee, Ministry Of Higher Education &
Scientific Research in UAE. 2012 -2014.
- United Arab Emirates University Council,
- Public Participation Geographic Information
System in UAE E-Government Services.
- GIS Diffusion in the United Arab Emirates
- Environmental Issues in the UAE
- GIS Diffusion in the Government of Dubai
- Geographic Information Science
- Geographic Information Systems
- Geographic Information Systems and Society
- Urban Studies and Remote Sensing.
- UAEU, College of Humanities and Social
Sciences “Sustainable Management of City port Conurbation, Coastal Zones &
Multimodal Development – Application of International Best Practices to UAE
Policies & planning”, Amount: 37,843 AED, 2013.
- Federal Demographic Council “Incentivizing
retention of Emirati faculty in higher education”, Amount: 240000 AED, 2011.
Service / Professional Activity:
Academic & Community Services:
- Supervisor of TA and National Faculty
Development Program, UAEU, 2010-2013.
- Dubai Youth Club, Dubai, UAE, 1997.
- Happy Family Center, Dubai, UAE, 1999- 2005.
- Emirates Foundation Truman Scholar and
Emirati Ambassador. 2007
- Student advisor at the United Arab Emirates
- Faculty Council Committee on Academic
- Service in role of discussant, critic, and
reviewer for professional meeting or publication.
- Course/Program design and development at the
UAE University: Geography 320, Geographic Information System.
Courses Taught: 2009-:
- GIS for Urban & Regional Plan (GEO440)
- Geographic Information Systems GIS.1
- Integrated Capstone (HSR400) - Practicum
- Project Management (RGIS)
Awards and Honor :
2005: Shaikh Rashid Award for Academic Excellence.
- 2001: ADNOC Outstanding Scholar.
Computer Programmer/Computer Consultant, 2001
-Systems: UNIVAC, PRIMEOS, WICAT, UNIX, SUN,
Macintosh, and IBM.
-Software: IDRISI, ERDAS Imagine, ArcGIS,
GeoMedia, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Supervised and taught students the use of
IBM and Macintosh at the UAEU, GIS Computer Center.
as a geographic information systems consultant at the Center for Remote